Monday, May 21, 2012

I Wouldn't Have Missed Being Your Friend - Card

If you wanted to know more about this card...


This card was originally not going to have any decorated paper on it, then I received this beautiful new paper set (Magnolia Grove) from Kaisercraft and had to use it!  This was my first opportunity to use my Becca Bow Maker and it worked easily (once assembled) and voila! I had a bow!  Next time I'll go for a more complicated bow!




Even though I was really please with my first Becca Bow, I thought it needed something else, so I added this very cool and delicate Memory Box Macarena Corner.

The two colours of stamping ink were blended around the edges of die cut bearing the quote by using the Foam Blending Tool.  The two colours give it so much more depth.  Distress Ink is not my favourite for stamping Quietfire Rubber stamps, although I used it here for colour matching.  I always think pigment inks work better for preserving the crispness of the lettering.  Note to Tim Holtz:  Make me Distress Colours in Pigment Inks!!

This was my first time using Pearl Flourishes and I was pleased that the adhesive strip they are on was firm enough to drap nicely over multiple layers.

A special thanks to Chris Wallace from Walnut Hollow for suggesting this quote.

Here are the ingredients for this card:
Magnolia Grove 6.5x6.5" Paper Pad from Kaisercraft
Spellbinders: Splendid Circles, Standard Circles Small
Memory Box: Macarena Corner

Thanks for taking a look!  Suzanne


4 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the Memory Box Macarena Corner completes the swings and bows of the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Suzanne!!! I love how you have the corner coming out of the bow... brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, and sentiment. I've not used the pearls either, Becca uses them so frequently, it has to be a very important recipient to go to these lengths.$ thanks.

    ReplyDelete