So far, I don't think any of us have done this with a Quietfire die.... I thought I'd do a partial die cut.
What that means is that when I die cut the Hello, I didn't cover the entire die with the top plate, so some of it remained uncut. Click here to go to the tutorial for this!
Supplies needed for this card:
Quietfire: Hello die
Graphic 45: Botanical Tea cardstock collection, 12x12 and 8x8"
Staples: Ivory 110# cardstock
Core-dinations: Aquarium cardstock
Spellbinders: Grand Calibur
Tombow: Stamp Runner and 3D Foam Tabs
- Form a tentfold card base measuring 7-1/2" x 6" from blue.
- Cut panels 7 x 5" and 6 x 4-1/2" from ivory. Cut a blue panel about 1/16" smaller than the smaller ivory panel. Cut a panel of the toile wallpaper patterned paper about 1/16" smaller than the blue panel and layer them as shown in the sample photo.
- Cut the strip of Hello Friend from the 12x12 patterned paper and mount it on a strip of ivory cardstock measuring 6-1/4 x 5/8".
- Cut the striped cardstock to 6-3/4 x 4-3/4" and mount it on the larger ivory panel.
- Make a partial die cut of Hello (see tutorial on partial die cutting) using blue cardstock. Trim the diecut panel to approximately 5-1/4 2-3/4" with the word in the middle.
- Use 3D Foam Tabs to layer the card as shown to the right. All other layers are attached using the Stamp Runner and are non-dimensional. You may have to trim one of the small foam tabs to very small to attach (optional) the little piece of flourish that may have been cut off. I used tweezers!
I think this is a really fun technique! I hope you try it!
Thanks for stopping by, Suzanne
March 30 - Kathy Jo and Yogi
March 31 - Wanda
April 2 - Diana and Teresa
April 1 - Sherry and Suzanne (you're here!)
April 3 - Yvonne and Robyn
For a chance to win a Quietfire rubber stamp or die (Don’t be shy!) leave a comment below before midnight Sunday April 5th, 2015. A winner will be randomly chosen from my list of comments and the winner's name will be posted on Quietfire Creations shortly afterwards. If you haven't done so already, go back and leave comments on all the designers Die-ing for Spring blog posts!