Monday, March 23, 2015

Washi Tape Hello and Document Corners

This project started out with me wanting to utilize some of my washi tape stash....  It evolved into the need to design a  digital cutting embellishment!



Quietfire Hello Metal die
This card was very simple!  When I had just Hello on the card, it looked a bit too simple but I didn't want to overwhelm the card with too much embellishing.  Years ago, my Mom was cleaning out her
stash and found these things called Document Corners.  So I pulled one apart to see how it was made.  The template for it has been on my website (somewhere!) for years. It's the basic template and was crying out for embellishment.  Now that I have this incredibly cool and amazingly accurate tool called the Silhouette Cameo, I converted the template into a cutting file and added some pizzaz to the plain jane document corners!

I could have make these with the same cardstock as the card base if I wanted to be *really* subtle, but I don't think the turquoise corners overwhelmed the Hello.  Hope you think the same!



Supplies:
Quietfire Hello Die
Washi Tape
Quietfire Decorative Document cutting file
Co'ordinations Bermuda cardstock
American Crafts Blush cardstock
Recollections turquoise cardstock
Pop Dots
Kooltack 3D Clear Foam Tape

Decorative Corners - Quietfire at Silhouette Design Store


















Instructions:
  1. Cut a card base from Bermuda to 7 x 5".  Cut a panel of the same colour to 6 x 4".  Cut a Blush panel to 6.25 x 4.25". Adhere the 6 x4" panel on top.
  2. Lay strips of washi tape side by side on a piece of white cardstock.  Diecut Hello through the strips of washi tape.
  3. Cut decorative corners from turquoise and slide them on the Blush/Bermuda panel and adhere at the back.
  4. Adhere die cut Hello to center of panel and use Pop Dots to adhere the panel to the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!
Suzanne

2 comments: