There is still time to enter, so go for it! You must have a birdie somewhere!
So here is my little offering for that challenge. I wanted to put the birdies on a background frame and ending up designing my own. I wanted simple, but not too simple.
I really like the effect I get when I blend Tombow Dual Brush Pens with a waterbrush on Stonehenge paper. Although Stonehenge was designed as a printmaking paper, it stands up to being wet and you can letter on it, too.
- Cut a 5" x 10" piece of Classic Crest 110lb cardstock, score and fold in half to create the card base.
- Use Birds 709 to cut 2 birds from Stonehenge.
- Use Tombow Dual Brush Markers (colours listed below) to add colour then blend colour using a water brush. Allow to dry.
- Cut Knobby Frame elements from Neenah Classic Crest 80lb cardstock and Coredinations cardstock using the Silhouette Cameo (cutting file should be on the Silhouette Online Store later today).
- With the aid of a stamp positioner, use Purple Hydrangea ink to stamp Each of Us has a Song in the center of the white frame and mat to the purple frame using the Stamp Runner.
- Use 3D Foam Tabs to mount the birdies facing the quotation as shown. (Tombow has tiny little 3D Foam tabs that are perfect for mounting the little birdies! I think they're going to be my favourite soon!) Use 3D Foam Tabs to mount the Knobby Frame to the card base.
Quietfire Each of Us Has a Song
Tombow Dual Brush Markers in 452 and 703 for the left birdie and 636 and 527 for the right birdie
Tombow 3D Foam Tabs
Tombow Stamp Runner
Elizabeth Crafts Bird 709
Tsukineko VersaMagic Purple Hydrangea
Niji Water brush
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock
Thanks for stopping by to have a look. Make sure you enter the challenge - there are prizes!
Here are thumbnail links to the products used in this project which are available on the Quietfire website: