What I got was this! It was like Christmas and I felt a bit embarrassed by their generosity. These are all 12x12. I have already ordered some of the 6x6 pad for the site and they should be in within the next week.
You can see the DCWV catalog here.
I had a guy birthday card to make, so I rummaged through all the papers - and they were wonderful. I considered the burlap or chalkboard, but ultimately went with the cork. Combining the cork and burlap was part of the plan, but I didn't think they did anything for each other, so I went with the plain and printed cork sheets.
Here is the card again.
Instructions (see thumbnail product links at the bottom of the page)
- Cut 6 5/8" x 4.75" rectangle of plain cork.
- Cut 6 3/8" x 4 3/8" rectangle painted cork.
- Use Spellbinders Labels 2 (or other plain Spellbinders Labels) to cut larger cork shape.
- Using VersaMagic Jumbo Java, stamp Quietfire sentiment. Die cut sentiment with Spellbinders Labels die.
- Sponge Jumbo Java ink around the edges of each die cut and the painted cork rectangle.
- Cut a 4 inch piece of ribbon (I used Twill with Chevron Stripes, 3/4" in Champagne to compliment the chevron stripes in the paper), angle the ends and fold in half. Staple to side of sentiment shape.
- Use Double-sided tape to adhere the bottom panel to the card and then use Pop Dots to add subsequent layers as shown in photograph.
I hope you enjoy reading about my little CHA adventure and the card. It's really very simple!
A big THANKS to DCWV!
Happy Creating! Suzanne