Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dimensional Grunge - I can do that!


Today I had a few minutes to flip over to Tim Holtz's blog and found him doing Dimensional Grunge. My eyes lit up and I started to calculate the amount of time it would take me to make something similar.... and away I went.

I've really been wanting to use the little canvases that I stock. Kristy has done some adorable things with them. I no longer have any Grungeboard in stock, but I have my own stash as I'm sure you do - AND - I've been dying to try the new Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. A knock-off project is born!


The Grungeboard heart is held on with the Tissue Tape. I used the Ink Blending Tool with foam pads (love these things!) on Fired Brick to highlight the raised heart and Vintage Photo to tint the edges of the canvas. I stamped sacred from the Quietfire Words of Love set on an small piece of Tissue Tape and stuck it on the heart along with the keyhole and black brads and key ('cause I don't have the same stuff as Tim Holtz... yet). The charms are held on with Mini Glue Dots.
Let me tell you, it sure didn't take long to make this little sweetie!
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. i love this mini canvas and i've been wanting to try the tape. I'm so glad you had time to play and inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with your canvas....wonderful!! You might want to look at a book I bound using one of your stamps on the cover. My blog is new so not so much there as of yet. Have a creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute little project. Turned out very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little gift this wold make for a house warming, a thank you or just plain old thinking of you!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - this is amazing! beautiful work Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete