Sunday, March 2, 2008

The House Book


I've been planning to do the Home Sweet Home Journal for over a year and it's finally to my satisfaction so I can write it up as a workshop! Yay!
I just love these architectural miniatures! They are just so classy. That was probably the biggest hold up, but I have them now! I was so excited when they arrived.
I had a hard time deciding which door to use. The book isn't large

enough to use a door and a window on the cover, so the window went on the back cover. You can see more photos of the journal in the February byhand Newsletter.
The front cover is done on Arches Text wove starting with a very concentrated solution of Walnut ink. The surface was blotted and spritzed and Schmincke Gold Tro-Col as sprinkled in as well as Distress Embossing powder. It was gorgeous!
When the paper was dry, I began lettering with water, sucking out the Walnut ink and dabbing in Perfect Pearls in whatever colour took my fancy - I think they were mostly from the Patina kit. It was so much fun! Except for some of the lettering parts. Lettering over the spots that had Distress Embossing Powder on them was really tough!
I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.



4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I already awwed over it in the newsletter. Great work and very inspiring (like all the things you do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, just amazing!

    Check my blog, there's something there for you! heeeheee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete