If you can't get the paper, you can achieve a similar effect with sprays, but I knew I had a good thing going here with a very simple colour scheme!
- Die: Quietfire Thanks
- Flower: Little B Pull Flower
- Cardbase: Canadian Scrapbooker 12x12 Super Stock Cardstock
- Coloured Cardstock: Echo Park Ombre Essentials
- Adhesives: Pop Dots, Be Creative Tape and Kool Tak
- Create 5.5 x7.25" side-folded card base.
- Cut a piece of Ombre cardstock to 5x7" as shown, with enough of the lighter shade at the top to contrast well with the flower.
- Die cut Thanks from a portion of the Ombre cardstock that is lighter in colour.
- Cut about 1 yard of pull flower, fold in half and pull evenly on the threads until your flower is formed. Tie the threads and cut the loose ends. It's that simple.
- Attach the die cut with clear Kool Tak foam and the flower with Be Creative tape to the Ombre panel. Attach the Ombre panel to the card base with Pop Dots.
Here is a little video about creating the flowers:
This card might be a little bulky for the mail - unless it was for someone really special who deserved receiving a boxed card! I'm sure hand delivery of this sweet bit of brightness would be met with a wide open door!
Thanks for dropping by to have a look! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on my blog.... I'll do better. Wait till you see what I've been up to behind the scenes!
Happy creating, Suzanne