Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Hum of the Bees - Card

I wanted to show off this Cuttlebug embossing folder - I brought the set in because I love the bees!


These are the eensy, weensy blossoms from the Spellbinders Whimsy die set.  I popped the pearls into the middle of the blossom as well as nestling the slightly larger ones around the outside.



Card Synthesis:
I used the blending tool with the Distress Ink to colour the backs of the flower diecuts as the paper is single sided.  I love the little tiny flower from the Whimsy set. (But what really attracted me to the Whimsy set was that butterfly which I will use in something else soon!)
I chose Distress Tea Dye for shading the bee embossed paper, because it had that tinge of orange-peach which went with the paper.
Archival Ink was used to stamp the sentiment.

Reagents:
Quietfire Rubber Stamp: The Hum of the Bees from the Garden Delights Stamp set. (Yes.  Really.  I cut off the attribute! Link is in image below)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder set: Sentimental
Prima Almanac A4 Paper Pad
Spellbinders:Pagemaps Whimsy, Labels 10, Classic Ovals Small, Labels 20
Pearls
Distress Ink: Tea Dye and Black Soot (link to Distress Ink, click image below)
All links go to quietfiredesign.ca

Thanks for stopping by! Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card Suzanne! Now you are making me want to get those embossing folders and the Whimsy dies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun card- glad you got your buzz on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bees too. Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you made that look like one beautiful embossing folder. never did like that set... what a great design can do. mmm
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete