Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Using Spellbinders & Other things

Holy Hairlines Batman! A little too subtle maybe?
The embossed panel was made by cutting a Deckle Mega Rectangle with the Wizard and then embossing the Dreamweaver Heart with Ribbon stencil inside (with a second pass through the Wizard). The decorative paper is 7 Gypsies Notting Hill.



This little offering was made by lettering with Ivory McCaffery Ink (sorry, I used the last bottle and don't know when I'll have it again) using the new Principal nib. Now I'm going to have to try this on darker cardstock to see how those hairline show. NICE combo of ink and pen!



For those of you who have been wondering how to use your other dies with the Spellbinder's Wizard, I've added some things to the Techniques Gallery - several videos from Stacey Caron of Spellbinders which are very informative!


Oh, and I've found a new use for the Removable Magic Tape - perfect for holding Spellbinders dies where you want them and doesn't leave a mark or tear the paper! (My biggest use for this tape is to hold the paper I am lettering on onto the liner underneath)


Don't forget the Tuesday Created byhand Challenge is online: This week it's creating anything but a rectangle or square! (heh heh. Here is the link to the templates on the Techniques page... no rectangles or squares there! - but that's just a suggestion....)


I've created a poll on the Quietfire Design Facebook page about the Queen of Hearts challenge! Please try it! It's a test drive for an upcoming poll where you all get to choose the next rubber stamp quotations!
(when you click the Poll tab at the top, I'm not able to see the question with the poll - another of those quirks of the internet - but you should be able to read it all here.)


And one last note....

ACK! I ran out of paper for the Harlequin Stitched book kit - you can see the new selections on the webpage! The tan leaf version will be back, but not for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment